Why does intonation matter?
Understanding intonation is central to deciphering the true meaning behind a statement or question. Native speakers convey their emotions and attitudes using pitch variation and tone.
Learning to control your tone of voice will help you express yourself more clearly in English, reduce your monotone or robotic voice, and ensure that native speakers understand what you mean by what you say.
As the saying goes: it's not what you say, it's how you say it.
Tune Your Tone with One Month of Practice Exercises
In this easy-to-follow 30-day program, you'll learn key intonation patterns in English as well as the conversational uses of 30 common words, phrases, and expressions.
Each video lesson and practice drill looks carefully at one word, phrase, or expression in English so you understand how its meaning shifts based on intonation.
You’ll learn how to use word and sentence stress for maximum clarity and effect.
You’ll also learn how to change your tone to express different emotions and attitudes.
You'll gain more control over your pitch while speaking English.
By the end of the 30-day program, you’ll be able to express yourself more clearly and confidently in English.
You’ll have stronger control of your intonation in English, and people will definitely understand you much better when you speak!
- 30 video lessons
- 30 downloadable audio lessons
- 30 MP3 drills so you can practice the different intonation patterns
- 108-page PDF guidebook containing guidance on each lesson, related examples, and full transcriptions
- Daily reminders with an email lesson for 30 days
- Unlimited access to a private course site that you can access anytime
- Access to all future updates and improvements to the program
Here's What You Can Expect From This Program
This program is for you if:
- You know you want to learn how to control your pitch, stress, and tone to speak more like a native English speaker.
- You are aware of intonation, but you don't feel comfortable producing it when speaking English.
- You are looking for an introduction to accent reduction so that you become more familiar with different stress and intonation patterns.
- You want to create a daily accent reduction practice and establish good habits for working on your speaking.
- You want to see results before you invest in a more in-depth accent reduction program.
- You need a more affordable option for improving your accent.
- You can commit to the daily exercises and understand that the program will teach you intonation step by step.
This program is NOT for you if:
- You are not interested in changing your pitch, stress, or tone of voice in English or improving your intonation.
- You are not able to spend 10-15 minutes per day watching the video lesson and working with the practice drill.
- You are expecting to improve your accent by working on articulation of sounds or connected speech; this program only covers intonation through stress and tone of voice.
- You are looking to practice your intonation in longer phrases and sentences. This is covered in depth in the Intonation Clinic.
- You are looking to transform your word and sentence stress. Stress Simplified is a comprehensive program on word and sentence stress in American English.
What People Are Saying
I finished the 30 Days of Intonation course. The course is pretty good and I was able to hear some of the words and different intonation patterns being used at work or in other videos from YouTube.
-Julian, living in the US
Thank you so much Kim. My intonation is getting better. I feel so happy! I didn't know why native English speakers thought I was annoyed when I talked to them. My intonation has changed now. I feel so great with this improvement!
Thank you Kim, I've watched all 30 intonation videos, and I learned a lot, your own voice is a good way of learning.
Thirty days with Kim's excellent intonation patterns! First rate! Very many thanks, Kim!
I didn't know about so many intonations, I've learned too much with you! Thanks for this thirty days, Kim!
Frequently Asked Questions
Meet Your Guide
I’m Kim, and I'm an accent and communication coach. I work with motivated non-native English speakers who want to sound more natural so that they can achieve their personal, professional, and academic goals.
I know how important it is to feel confident when speaking another language. I speak Spanish fluently, but I sometimes worry what people will think about me when they notice I have an accent.
I love talking all about intonation - it is the quickest way to improve how you express yourself in English. After tuning their tone, my clients have noticed that people think they are more approachable, more friendly, and more polite.