You have the power to improve how you sound when you speak.
You know that you don't sound like a native speaker.
You’ve been speaking English for years.
You probably even live and work in the United States or Canada already.
Your language skills are good, even excellent. You're not worried about your vocabulary or your fluency.
But you find yourself asking these questions over and over again:
“Why do people always ask me to repeat myself?”
“Why does my voice sound so flat while native speakers sound so expressive and interesting?”
“Why don’t native speakers understand me? Is it my words or my accent?”
“I feel like I’ve been working on my pronunciation for so long. Will I ever feel confident speaking up in conversations, meetings or discussions?”
I get it...
You’re tired of being asked to repeat yourself.
You want to feel confident that people will be listening to your words, not your accent.
At work, you are constantly presenting your ideas to native speakers.
Meetings, conference calls, lectures, workshops, networking events, even happy hour - you want to be sure you're speaking clearly and effectively.
After all, that first impression counts: you want to feel confident that other people to understand you.
You want to improve how you sound. I'll help you get there.
Let's talk about why stress matters.
Chances are you've spent plenty of time and energy troubleshooting your accent over the years.
With so many resources out there, you're already aware of how you want to sound and have a vague idea of how to get there.
Here’s the thing:
Most accent advice focuses on fixing the way you pronounce consonant and vowel sounds.
But how you say certain sounds is only one part of a natural-sounding accent (and it’s not the most important one).
If you want to be easily understood by native speakers, you need to speak with the rhythm and melody of English.
Stress Helps You Speak More Clearly
When you speak with clear word and sentence stress and organize your ideas into thought groups, it becomes so much easier for native speakers to understand you.
(This is also how you create English rhythm 🥁 and melody 🎶 for a more natural-sounding accent!)
Stress Simplified shows you how to do this step-by-step.
Want to know why most non-native speakers avoid working on stress?
They're not sure which syllable to stress,
they have no idea that there are patterns they can learn,
and they haven't yet trained their ears to hear
the rhythm that native speakers use automatically.
You don’t have to spend months or years analyzing accents or piecing bits of knowledge together to master stress patterns.
This program will cover it all. Here’s what you’ll learn:
Introduction to Stress
You’ll learn how to consistently stress words by emphasizing the right syllables.
We’ll start with the fundamental elements that you need to work on in order to produce the natural rhythm of English: pitch, volume, and syllable length.
You’ll learn how to gain control of your pitch, vary your volume, and lengthen syllables to speak clearly and effectively.
And you’ll practice with my favorite techniques to help you remember how stress feels in your mouth and your body.
Next, you’ll learn how to speak with the natural rhythm of English by creating contrast between stressed and unstressed or reduced syllables.
You’ll find out how word stress gives you time to pronounce vowels clearly and accurately so your words sound right.
You’ll learn how to move your mouth, link sounds together, and shift your pitch so that you sound less choppy and more fluid.
Identifying Stress Patterns
With this solid foundation, I’ll show you how to know which syllable to stress in words you use all the time.
You'll start training your ear to notice stress patterns in words and phrases you hear.
Then we'll focus on guidelines for predictable stress patterns so that you'll be able to emphasize the right syllable without thinking about it.
Master Stress Patterns With Practice Exercises
To master stress patterns and start using them automatically, you’ll work with 30+ drills in a 30-day boot camp designed for results.
You’ll train your ear to hear and listen for these patterns and stretch your mouth and vocal cords so that you can produce them!
You'll be guided through the practice exercises one by one with an audio lesson that helps you check in and reflect on how you’re using your mouth and voice.
You'll be pleasantly surprised to discover that English rhythm really does become easier and more natural day after day!
Building on the momentum you’ve gained through regular practice, you’ll focus your attention on sentence stress.
You’ll learn how to draw attention to the most important words in your speech so that they’re extra clear and easy to understand.
You'll also find out how to reduce less important words and use weak forms to create the contrast that is so necessary for a natural-sounding accent.
You’ll discover how to make your meaning clear by emphasizing the right words.
Thought Groups and Chunking
Last, you'll learn how to make it even easier for your listener to follow what you’re saying by breaking your ideas into shorter chunks.
You’ll find out why you hear different levels of stress when listening to native speakers (and how to do this yourself).
You’ll learn how to separate your words into logical thought groups, and practice, practice, practice!
You’ll discover when to breathe in English, as well as how to pause deliberately to keep your listener engaged and interested in what you’re saying.
Putting It All Into Practice
As you finish the Stress Simplified program, you’ll be able to test your mastery of stress patterns so that you can see how well you’ve absorbed the rhythm of English.
You’ll find out the best ways to practice word and sentence stress and thought groups on your own so that you feel more confident when speaking.
Last but not least, I’ll show you how to measure your own progress and reflect on what still needs work.
Why Stress Simplified Works
By consistently spending five to fifteen minutes a day working with the Stress Simplified practice exercises, you’re doing a lot of subtle but essential work.
You’re training your ear to be more sensitive so that it can hear lengthened syllables, notice more variation in pitch, and pick up on changes in volume.
You’re stretching your mouth so that it can glide into new shapes.
You’re exercising your vocal cords so that they feel more comfortable producing the sounds of English.
Why You Need to Commit to Daily Accent Practice
When you commit to the 30-day practice, you'll build a small, but powerful, daily speaking habit.
As I often say, small changes over time lead to big progress.
Changing how you speak requires you to create new muscle memory, just like any other physical activity!
For extra practice when you don't have privacy to speak out loud, you can simply listen to the recordings and repeat the words silently to yourself. This helps train your ear, too.
You don’t need to move through the drills quickly; in fact, you’ll get better results if you continue to practice them over time.
Remember, improving your accent is an ongoing, ever-evolving process.
You’ll continue to come back to this information again and again as you refine and improve how you sound when speaking.
That’s what makes this program so valuable: you basically have an accent coach in your pocket, whenever you need to practice!
What My Clients Are Saying
It's unbelievable! I have just practiced with Stress Simplified for several days and I felt so confident while leading the conversation during my conference call today. It's not necessarily speaking the words that I recently practiced, it's the practice that boosts my overall confidence in speaking English. Amazing! After just two weeks in Stress Simplified, I feel more joy and confidence while speaking with people. One bonus: her loving and energetic personality paired with her excellent teaching skills make your study a happy journey!
-Paula, China (living in the US)
Kim has an engaging and practical way of teaching sounding natural. She is big on "musicality" of English so she trained me hard on intonation and length of pronunciation. She has phenomenal ears that could single out the subtle differences in my accent.
-Carol, China (living in the US)
I am very impressed with the thoroughness and expertise you demonstrated. I've been following your suggestions ever since and I've already seen improvements. Finally, not only you gave me invaluable suggestions and info to improve my speaking, but you also boosted my overall confidence.
-Toni, Brazil (living in the US)
After working with you, I feel more confident interacting with people. I can now use my English to get into a deeper conversation, but I wasn’t able to do that before because I was constantly worried about my accent. I’m not a perfectionist anymore, once I got rid of the idea of being a perfectionist, I’m actually one step closer to being more perfect.
-Nikki, Japan (living in the US)
Stress Simplified is straightforward and easy-to-follow.
You can complete the program on your own schedule, but you'll get the best results with consistent practice over 6-8 weeks.
- You'll get my practical guidance through video lessons on everything you need to know about word and sentence stress and thought groups
- You'll have consistent opportunities to practice and drill stress patterns through short, downloadable MP3 exercises
- You'll receive regular emails to encourage you and motivate you to work through the program
- You'll follow a 30-day plan (a boot camp) to help you create a regular practice habit as you move through the practice exercises day-by-day
- You'll be able to remember and review what you've learned and apply it to your real life with a PDF guidebook with complete transcripts
Here's How We Get Started:
- Click the "I'm in! Let's do this!" button below. You'll be redirected to the course payment page.
- Enter your email address.
- Pay for the program with your credit or debit card or PayPal.
- Follow the instructions to create your account.
- Receive immediate access to all course materials.
- Get started working on stress and thought groups! You're that much closer to sounding natural!
Join Stress Simplified
- Over 35 video lessons on word stress, stress patterns, sentence stress and thought groups
- 50+ MP3 drills to help you master the stress patterns through consistent practice
- 30-day boot camp to guide you step-by-step through the practice exercises
- Motivational emails and weekly guidance to encourage you and keep you on track
- Detailed PDF guidebook with complete transcripts
- Get your questions answered directly by me through the chat box on the course site
- Unlimited access to a private course site you can use anytime, from any device
- Access to all future updates and improvements
Express Yourself Naturally Bundle
- Complete Stress Simplified Program
- Complete Intonation Clinic Program
- Complete 30 Days of Intonation Program
- Complete Conversation Anatomy Program
- Save over 40% on four courses
- 30 Days of Intonation and Conversation Anatomy are only available through this bundle
This program IS for you if:
- you want to improve your accent so that you speak more clearly and are more easily understood
- you want to learn how to use word stress to create the natural rhythm of spoken English
- you want to learn stress patterns so you can be confident you're stressing the right syllable
- you want to stress the right words so native speakers understand you
- you want to know which words you should stress in word pairs, phrases, and chunks
- you want to learn how to use stress to emphasize the key meaning of your message
- you want to learn how to break your ideas into thought groups so that it's easy for people to follow what you're saying
- you're willing to put in the work to practice all of these skills with practical exercises
This program is NOT for you if:
- you're looking for extremely detailed guidance on pronouncing every single consonant sound in English (you will practice vowel sounds, but this program focuses specifically on word and sentence stress, stress patterns, and thought groups)
- you're not willing to do the practice exercises on a regular basis (serious progress can be made with only 10-15 minutes a day, but you have to do the work)
- you expect to completely eliminate your accent in just a couple of months (this isn't magic, but with practice you will definitely speak English more clearly)
- you have trouble understanding my natural speaking speed (this program will help you improve your listening skills, and you can adjust the speed of the videos, use captions, and follow with the transcripts)
Meet Your Guide
I’m Kim, and I'm an accent and communication coach for non-native English speakers. I work with motivated professionals who want to sound more natural, more professional, and more fluent at work and in everyday life.
I know how important it is to be able to connect with other people in a language that isn’t our first. I speak Spanish fluently, but I recently realized that my American stress and intonation is causing my accent in Spanish. I wish a program like this existed for me!
I love demystifying the American accent - you CAN sound more like a native speaker. Nothing inspires me more than watching my clients grow more confident and more comfortable speaking up, and hearing them transform how they sound.
Here's the truth:
I know how much you are struggling to improve your accent all by yourself.
It takes time. It takes effort.
And after so much time spent looking through and experimenting with other resources on your own, you may be feeling overwhelmed or even discouraged.
You need structure and consistent practice. I'd love the opportunity to guide you.
I've developed this approach through years of coaching clients on how to improve how they sound when speaking.
I've included all the "secrets" I know so you can fine-tune your accent and finally master English rhythm and melody through stress.